Pop down to our showroom and see some of the existing buildings that we have created
or check out our completed projects section on our website.
Creating Your Space
As a general rule, you won’t need planning permission for an outbuilding if it meets the following regulations:
- Your garden room is not in front of your home.
- There is a maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres and a maximum roof height of four metres with a dual pitched roof.
- The total of all extensions, sheds and outbuildings including the proposed garden room must not cover more than 50% of the total area of land around your house.
- It does not have a balcony, veranda or raised platform.
- It is not self-contained living accommodation.
- Larger garden rooms with a floor area between 15 square meters and 30 square meters, need to be at least 1m away from the boundary wall of your property.
Rules may differ if your house is listed, or you live in a conservation area or an AONB (Area of Natural Beauty). However, if you do need planning, we are more than happy to guide you through this process.
Free Site Survey
Following on from our initial discussion, we can arrange a free site survey to look at your garden access and assess and any preparation works that may be needed before your garden building is installed. We will also advise if you will need a traditional concrete base of if screw piling might be needed.
Screw Piling enables easy installation of piled foundations for new structures. It is a cost effective, eco – friendly and low impact solution for any build. There is no need for excavation with minimal disturbance to topsoil and tree roots. We use First Base Pro Series which offers extreme stability.
We will then provide you with a detailed quotation. We want you to know:
- How much your project will cost
- How long your project will take to complete
- The starting date of your project
- The decisions we will ask you to make about the finishes of your garden room
- What access we need to install your garden room.
The next step
If you are happy to proceed, we can draw up detailed plans and advise if planning permission may be needed. We can give you a starting date and an idea of how long the build will take to complete. We will then be ready to create your dream outdoor space.
We are ready to create
your dream outdoor space